FCPX 10.0.8

general questions about Neat Video
CProulx

FCPX 10.0.8

Post by CProulx »

Let start the testing and feed back here.
valleo

Post by valleo »

Feels like it works faster now.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Our first test shows that 10.0.8 does not produce flashes like 10.0.6/10.0.7 did in the test project we used for testing. Hopefully, that bug has been fixed by Apple for good.

We will keep testing for that and other known FCPX bugs to verify their status and prepare an update of NV that takes that into account.

Vlad
SpencerH

Post by SpencerH »

I re-rendered some clips in a short movie that I have on Vimeo and uses the Neat Video plugin to handle noise and it does appear that the problem with bad frames has now been resolved.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That is very good. It looks like Apple finally fixed that bug that caused us all trouble for several months.

And since FCPX works better now, we can now release v3.3 of the plug-in, which adds support for AMD/ATI GPUs. New GPUs like Radeon HD 7950 can show speeds up to 10-12 full HD frames per second, as measured by the built-in Benchmark and Optimize.

Vlad
deceres

Post by deceres »

It seems that FC is working fine without other effects than NV... but if I apply stuff like Mflare or specific transition.... well it crashes!!!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send to support [at] neatvideo a more detailed description of a scenario leading to a crash. We will follow your scenario, reproduce the crash and check if the problem is caused by NV or something else. If it is NV, we will fix it.

Thank you,
Vlad
deceres

Post by deceres »

Well... one case is simply applying a MotionFx effect called Mflare + NV on FCPROX 10.0.8

The second crash situationi is when I have a clip in the storyline, a second one with 50% transparency above... both with NV effect...

I suppose i'ts Final Cut as far it crashes at all...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Could you send the crash logs to support please?

Vlad
deceres

Post by deceres »

Hello, I'm out in these days I'll try again as soon as I can