Split screen using interlaced in Vegas Movie studio

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
nanaplaza100

Split screen using interlaced in Vegas Movie studio

Post by nanaplaza100 »

I'm getting a split screen view with Vegas (platinum 9) when i configure my clip.

I see in the demo video that the interlaced example clip is an elongated but single picture.
I am getting a split screen (lower and upper), and the maximum quality size profile i can get (i filmed a blank wall to get the maximum) is 56%.
I get the message that the area selected is small.

Is this normal?

Most of my clips are too detailed to get much of a profile anyway. I'm trying to build some preset profiles to try out.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Demo video shows the plug-in in Premiere. Premiere works with only one field. Vegas on the other hand works with two fields at the same time, and Neat Video displays them both. So that is normal for interlaced clip/project.

Please note that you can manually select a smaller area for profiling and then click Auto Profile to analyze the area. Usually this allows to build a profile even in cases when not many featureless areas are available.

Vlad
nanaplaza100

Post by nanaplaza100 »

Ok thanks for that. I must add that i have found i was making a big mistake.

I had my vegas preview window on 'Quarter size' for quick playback of timeline clips.
This was giving me fields of 480X135 X2 and i was struggling to find an area to auto profile.

By switching the Vegas preview window to 'full' i am now seeing fields of 1920x540 x2 which allows me to get a 'green box' profile much more easily.