Neat Video and Warp Stabilizer

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Madeya86

Neat Video and Warp Stabilizer

Post by Madeya86 »

Hello everyone,

new to this forum but I looove the neat video plugin! Has helped me out a lot the last few months.

I like using the warp stabilizer a lot for my footage, but unfortunately it appears to me that the noise reduction somewhat seems to be getting disturbed by the effect.

As always, Reduce Noise is always on top of all effects, but the preview as well as the rendered clip appears much more noisy with the warp stabilizer on. You can see this even better when theres a lot of noise in the raw footage.

Is there any way I can fix this except prerendering with neat video and in the second place add the warp stabilizer?

thanks a lot!
Madeya
Madeya86

Post by Madeya86 »

oh and yeah I'm running it in After Effects CS 5.5
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If Warp Stabilizer also does temporal processing (which requires it to get several adjacent frames from AE) then it may also be limited by that AE-specific requirement: such an effect has to be first, otherwise it may receive incorrect frames from AE, which leads to bad results in the end. If you have two such effects then they cannot both be first and the only way to resolve that seems to be to render two times..

Vlad
dkitsov

Post by dkitsov »

NVTeam wrote:If Warp Stabilizer also does temporal processing (which requires it to get several adjacent frames from AE) then it may also be limited by that AE-specific requirement: such an effect has to be first, otherwise it may receive incorrect frames from AE, which leads to bad results in the end. If you have two such effects then they cannot both be first and the only way to resolve that seems to be to render two times..

Vlad
Or use nested sequences (precompose)